When: 1.30 pm, Friday 14 April 2017
Controller: Angelina King
Mobile: 021 266 0222
The following events will be held:
- Women’s 4x100m relay
- Men’s 4x100m relay
- Women’s 800m
- Men’s mile
Rules for all races:
- Entries will be accepted on the day of competition for the Women’s 800m and the Men’s mile.
- Entries will be accepted on the day of competition for the Women’s and Men’s 4x100m relay, provided that the total number of teams amounts to eight or less.
- Athletes must compete in the uniform of their representative team.
- Spikes must not be more than 6mm in length, sandshoes permitted.
- The starting rule (one break per race) will be enforced.
- During the race, obstructing other runners’ way on the track can result in disqualification.
- An athlete stepping outside the track during the race is considered to be out of the competition.
Rules for 4 x 100 metre relay:
- Athletes are not allowed to leave or change their designated lanes. The athletes should remain in their respective lanes even after handing over the baton and after receiving the baton.
- The baton has to be passed from one athlete to the other within the specified area known as the take-over zone.
- The length of the take-over zone is 20 metres.
- Dropped batons and changes outside the take-over zone will result in disqualification.
The athletes are not permitted to wear gloves or use any substances that can enable them to have a better grip on the baton.
Back to Sports & Venues