When: 2 pm and 3 pm, Friday 14 April 2017
When: 1 pm and 4 pm, Saturday 15 April 2017
3 pm and 4 pm, Sunday 16 April 2017
Controllers: Jenni Snowdon
Mobile: 027 475 0868
The Controller reserves the right to amend these rules or competition at any time.
- Netball shall be played under International Rules of four 10-minute quarters, with a five minute interval at half time, and two minute intervals at ¼ and ¾ times.
- Each team must designate one volunteer to be either a scorekeeper or a timekeeper. The volunteers from each team must stand together and monitor the games.
- The netball tournament will be run in a round-robin format.
- Team to consist of seven players – substitution allowed at intervals or due to injury of player.
- Players may only play for one team – no interchange of players between teams are allowed.
- If a player has an injury, a team‐mate or umpire calls time, and the time keeper pauses the timer for two minutes – play resumes after this time.
- Following this, any further injuries will incur a 30 second break in play.
- This is applicable to each team in each quarter:
- All players of the team must wear the same uniform
- Netball bibs to be worn – to be provided by your own Branch.
- Each team is to provide their own scorekeeper and the host Branch will provide a timekeeper.
- Host Branch to provide umpires.
- Netball should be played in two pools, under international rules.
- The teams with the highest points of each pool advance to the finals
- In the event of a points draw, results will be determined by goal ratio between the two teams competing for the winning spot.
- Points allocation: 2pts = WIN, 1pt = DRAW, 0 = LOSS
- For further clarification refer to the International Rules here: http://www.netball.org/netball/the-rules-of-netball
Back to Sports & Venues