Date: 6 pm, Friday 14th April 2017
Controllers: Rhonda Ding and Winston Chin
Phone: 021 2590 745; 021 139 1924
- Men’s doubles
- Women’s doubles
- Mixed doubles
The Controllers’ reserve the right to amend these rules or competition at any time.
- All matches shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Tennis as adopted by Tennis New Zealand and, as far as it is possible, The Tennis New Zealand Code of Conduct.
- The Tournament will be held at Z Energy Wilding Park Tennis Centre, 113 Woodham Rd. Indoor Courts will be used for the Tournament.
- The Tournament will run from 5pm Friday 14 Registrations are at 5pm (sharp) then matches will start.
- The Easter 2017 Tennis Tournament will comprise Events for Open Men’s Doubles, Open Women’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Each will have a main draw, and a plate draw will be operated at the discretion of the tournament controller (e.g. dependent on participating numbers).
- A Cup will be awarded to the winners of each of the main draws for all Events completed. Each Cup will represent point(s) for their Region to contribute to the overall winner of the Easter 2017 Tournament.
- Each Region will have 3 entries reserved for them in each Event. Other entries in the draws will be awarded on a first in, first served, basis.
- The Tournament Controller reserves the right to alter the format of the draw or matches as required. This could be for example, due to numbers of entries for an event, or rain.
Eligibility of players
- Players must be eligible to play in the Easter 2017 Tennis Tournament in accordance with NZCA rules.
- An entry fee of $15 per person for the event. These must be paid when registering for the event. It may be possible to enter the event on the day ONLY if agreed by the Tournament Controllers (e.g. dependent on participating numbers).
Provisions of balls
- The Tournament Controller will provide balls and the balls must be returned to the Tournament Controller’s desk immediately after a match is completed by the winning team.
- New balls will be provided for all semi and finals matches in the Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Doubles main draws. Used balls may be provided for other matches. Every effort will be made to ensure the best available balls are used in every match.
Playing of matches
- Matches will be scheduled in advance and should be viewed at the Tournament Controller’s desk.
- If any player or team is not available to play within 5 minutes of their scheduled match, that team will default the match and the match will be awarded to the other team.
- Sudden death deuce applies on the second deuce. The receiving team chooses which player will be the receiver of the serve.
- One 3 minute injury time is available to each team. The injury time does not extend the match time.
- All matches must be reported by the winning team to the Tournament Controller’s desk immediately after a match is completed.
Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Doubles
- Matches will be one set, best of 11 games with no tiebreaker. In the event that the score is 5-5, the team that wins the 11th game is the winner of the match.
- Matches will have a time limit of 30 minutes, including maximum 5 minute warm up. The team in the lead at the end of 30 minutes will be declared the winning team. If the score is tied in games, the game in progress will be completed to determine the winning team.
- The Final of the Main and Plate draws will be one tiebreaker set.
- The Final of the Main and Plate draws will have a time limit of 45 minutes including maximum 5 minute warm up. The team in the lead at the end of 45 minutes will be declared the winning team. If the score is tied in games, the game in progress will be completed to determine the winning team.
- Depending on the number of entries, the Event Controller reserves the right to change the number of games to be played, the time limit for matches and the format from tournament style to round robins.
The Tournament Controller will settle any disputes raised. The Tournament Controller’s ruling is final.
Back to Sports & Venues